Am I missing something or is it broken? I'm unable to search using a barcode, like you can on discogs. I've pulled up a few releases that are already in filmogs to test, along with blu-rays already owned, but can't seem to get anything to pop up in search when you type in a barcode.

Really need that feature, especially when there are so many versions of the same media! Absolute hell trying to find any particular copy of a Harry Potter film, haha!

Technically it's not a "barcode" - the numerical digits fall under the GTIN family.

<pre>GTIN-12 (UPC-A): this is a 12-digit number used primarily in North America GTIN-8 (EAN/UCC-8): this is an 8-digit number used predominately outside of North America GTIN-13 (EAN/UCC-13): this is a 13-digit number used predominately outside of North America GTIN-14 (EAN/UCC-14 or ITF-14): this is a 14-digit number used to identify trade items at various packaging levels </pre>

The "Identifying Code" section lists it as "Barcode" so that is the terminology I used, avoids confusion.

(as to which section and identifier I am referring to, which may distract from the actual question at hand).

Filmogs is still a work in progress. For now searching by film is the best way to find the correct version. The film will contain all different versions added at this moment.

hey smithdiscs, thanks for the heads up. You are right, searching for identifying codes should be improved (it is already handled a bit better on Bookogs). We will look into fixing it for Filmogs as well.

As oteis mentions, searching by film may be the best way in the mean time.

All good! I take it it's not been as simple as just reskinning discogs? or is film.ogs entirely separate from discogs and being built from the ground up?

Barcode searches should be much more accurate now. Apologies for the delay.

So for instance searching for 7892110199049 returns the Harry Potter collection with that barcode. Let us know if you have any more questions.

is film.ogs entirely separate from discogs and being built from the ground up?

Yes, the codebase is entirely different (but this one is shared with the other *ogs site)

Login or Register to post a reply to this topic.