Can we get a way to kick back really messed up entries to the original indexer for corrections?

I've been seeing so many FILM pages with the credits completely screwed up. Often a single indexer will make the same errors over and over.

Agreed. I have seen some very poor submissions - with close to zero identifying factors. I have left notes / comments on them as I see them. Ultimately, I think that any that go unedited, despite pleas, should be removed from the database.

Being able to flag seriously incomplete entries, to both original indexer (and moderators) would be useful.

Adding a history comment or updating an entry with submission notes is one way to go. But you mention that this often goes unheeded? You can also use the support system (speech bubble lower right corner) to report any specific users and we will follow up with them.

We have been giving people a chance to improve their submissions, but will ban users that continue to submit poor quality data.

@EK_:

I've been seeing so many FILM pages with the credits completely screwed up.

Can you clarify what sort of errors do you see people making specifically with the credits?

@sixandnine:

Being able to flag seriously incomplete entries, to both original indexer (and moderators) would be useful.

We've considered this. Perhaps a data quality like voting system. But like the CIP it is technically complicated to implement, takes resources to monitor and there are lots of ways that it can be abused. So we want to be careful. On the other hand data quality is very important so this is an important discussion to have and topic for us to consider.

I'm more concerned with the quality of RELEASES at this point. Total Wild West situation occurring.

Login or Register to post a reply to this topic.