Greetings. I just came over from Discogs and have started adding items to the Database. I was wondering if there is a way to link a submission to another release in the DB, the way one can on Discogs? What I am referring to is the [r] number in the top right hand corner of any give release over on Discogs, that when copied and pasted into the Notes section of a sub allows users to click directly to that release.

An example of the sub I want to do this in is here:

Braveheart - DVD

Please note in the Notes section where I am referencing another release on this site, but the only way I can find to do it is to post the link - which, by the way, doesn't show up as a clickable link.

If there currently is no way to do this, perhaps this should be a feature that is added. I find it very helpful over on Discogs when adding a variation of a release already listed in the DB.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Many thanks!

hey U2Streets. Thanks for the feedback and for contributing to Filmogs. There is currently no way to link submissions the way you mentioned. You are not the first to bring this up, but we have not implemented these sort of short codes (yet!).

You can however use basic html code in the notes section and could link the submissions that way: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/a

I updated your submission to link in that way so you can see how it works in practice. Hope that helps, let me know if you have any further questions.

@Kalli: Thank you for the info and for the edit. Much appreciated. We should definitely try to get those short-cuts on this site if possible. They truly do make adding releases much easier. Thanks also for the link you provided regarding HTML. I’ll have a look and I’m sure it will come in handy.

Login or Register to post a reply to this topic.