How to Write a Barcode? After working experience in a store, I know that the bar code is only thirteen digits. The numbers should be written in a sequence without spaces. The spaces shown in the number line below the barcode are not found in the code itself.
If you are going to "google" a barcode it must be an unbroken line of numbers.

If the rules haven't changed since I last read them, it's considered optional which way users choose to enter it on Discogs, and you can enter both variants for the same entry.

I enter them as a string without spaces myself.

If you want to get technical, Botros, the numerical digits are known as GTINs

The GTIN is a globally unique 14-digit number used to identify trade items, products, or services. GTIN is also an umbrella term that refers to the entire family of UCC.EAN data structures. The entire family of data structures within the GTIN is:

<pre>GTIN-12 (UPC) GTIN-13 (EAN-13) GTIN-14 (EAN/UCC-128 or ITF-14) GTIN-8 (EAN-8) </pre>

A BARCODE is a square or rectangular image consisting of a series of parallel black lines and white spaces of varying widths that can be read by a scanner.

Using the term "BARCODE" to describe the GTIN is incorrect.

Oh, now it became very complicated, I almost regret that I raised this question.

The answer to your question shouldn't be: Just enter it with no spaces if that is your preference. It is perfectly acceptable to do so.

Login or Register to post a reply to this topic.