One issue I've noticed while adding releases to the site is that when you type the title of a film, let's say "Akira" into the search bar, you don't get the film you're looking for. In order to find the exact film you want to add the release to, you have to go to the page and type in the original title from the country it came from. If it's using normal english characters like Italian it's fine, but the Japanese and Chinese characters are what throws me off. I have to copy and paste the title from the release, and I would really prefer not to do that.

The english titles are most likely already listed on the film page, but the search bar does not pick up on / include that in it's search query. Is it possible that this could be changed in the future? I would appreciate it. Thank you.

hey WolfXCIX, thanks for the feedback. We are aware of this, the search in the submission form currently only matches on names (and not for instance in the case of film on alternative titles or in the case of credits for anvs).

We hope to be able to address this soon. In the meantime I'm afraid using the full search and copy pasting the original title is the way to go.

Login or Register to post a reply to this topic.