I thought this was settled. The title on FILM page was to be the film title only.

https://www.filmo.gs/forum/219681-same-titles-used-by-multiple-films

From WIKI - COMMUNITY GUIDE TO ADDING FILMS

For titles that exist for different films there should be no requirement to include additional information to identify them (such as date) as the enhanced look-up functionality on the release pages will now display the artwork, category and premiere date in the results.

PLEASE RE-READ:

there should be no requirement to include additional information to identify them (such as date)

NOTE:

"such as date" does not mean "only date" but is given as one example of additional information someone may think is required, but is not.

Yep, the title field should be for the title only, no other details. There should be relevant fields for everything else. If you see unnecessary data in the title field, please remove and make a note in the submission notes.

I think (2) should be required.are us

just people like ek_ is only botherd about this all other users are not so botherd.

it is easier to determin between version even if one uses name name same release year and logo.

For example the Ironside ones.

there is no real difference they are both share the same name year logo credits etc and how are useres suppose to find the correct one?

if both are named ironside they both look 100% the same.

I don't think (#) should be added. You should be able to see the differences in posters, credits, releasedate, etc.

just people like ek_ is only botherd about this all other users are not so botherd.

People are bothered with members creating new "rules" without consenting staff or asking in the forums. This has already been discussed. People should read the guidelines before adding and ask in the forums if they have questions.

if both are named ironside they both look 100% the same.

The problem with IRONSIDE is that someone added the same poster for the TV-Show as for the EPISODE. If a title card was used as an image for that EPISODE you wouldn't have that problem. A poster should only be used for an EPISODE if it is actually linked to that particular episode. Marketed with that image.
If we start adding (#) to films, we could add a number to each release with the same title as well for the same obvious reason.

Ironside film was not a TV Episode.

its not a tv episode setting it to an episode it's not an episode it was a TV Movie.

calm down oteis.

how are they suppose to be different images if back then they used the same image?

yes in 67 they used the same image to promote the tv show and the tv movie.

I believe the Feature Film option (FILM page, CATEGORY field) is defined as the length of the film, not the location (theatrical, broadcast or cable, direct to DVD, etc.) of its original presentation.

its not a tv episode setting it to an episode it's not an episode it was a TV Movie.

so there is a difference. One is a tv series and the other one is a TV Film (I guess TV Episode should be changed to Feature Film). Problem solved right?

The movie aired before the series.

EK is correct. 'Feature film' refers to the duration of film - not whether it was made for theatrical, tv (or straight to VHS, DVD etc). The actual durations differ from country to country though usually it is for anything longer than an hour (though I believe in the US it used to be anything longer than just 45 mins - not sure if that is still the case). Anything shorter is a 'short film'.

Login or Register to post a reply to this topic.