Hello all i don't think the database has any sports teams but what is the best way to add them.

i know discogs lets users use the sports team name example Liverpool FC, Manchester United and Harlem Globetrotters.

Should we do the same here?

also should we add them as companies as copyright holders, for the team involved / players of the team if it specifies.

i think it's alright to add sports teams for credits. We add bands as well right. they also have several members.

I wouldn't add a sports team as a company as this is supposed to be for companies involved in producing and distributing the physical release. A film page is more suited for credits like performers, which I think is a better fitting category for a sports team

"as this is supposed to be for companies involved in producing and distributing the physical release"

THANK YOU!!!

but eben if it specifies copyright " teams name" ?

even*

Jo_Store wrote:

but eben if it specifies copyright " teams name" ?

If it's printed on the release and you can support it with an image, then sure

cheers

This could get complicated too when perhaps considering collegiate sports teams, such as "Michigan Wolverines" or "USC Trojans" or the like, and have them compounded by the same university may be notable in multiple different sports too. I think there periodically may be made some sports DVDs, etc. for a given school that may encompass a nmber of sports, but may also be focused on a single sport too.

Login or Register to post a reply to this topic.