Hello,
I haven't seen any substantial updates in a long time and I'm sure I'm not the only person with some doubts regarding the future of filmogs.
There is still basic functionality missing for contributors (lackluster search function, lack of a proper alias system).

A lot of people are only interested in managing and sharing their collection, and nothing on the site is there to accomodate them. There is no way to comment on movies or releases, no way to organise or display your collection.
This leaves the site looking like it's only being used by contributors.

Looking at other projects two things are clear, movie collectors are eager to share and manage their collection online, and filmogs, of all such projects is in my opinion the one with the most potential, the lack activity on the website is caused by missing features for both kind of users.

Have you shared details of ongoing development already ? If not can you give an update of what is comming next ?

I haven't seen any substantial updates in a long time and I'm sure I'm not the only person with some doubts regarding the future of filmogs.

I'm sorry to hear you feel this way DenkiGroove. The site is very much still in active development, but we are only small team. Here are some of the things we have released in the last few weeks:

• Drafts functionality
  • Detailed per field submission guidelines that can be shown inline on the submission page.
  • Improved validation for submissions.
  • Forum improvements, quoting and linking
  • Facets and filters on users contribution pages
  • Improved linking between Discogs / Filmogs and all the other *ogs sites

There are also a lot of minor, behind the scenes tweaks and bug fixes, maintenance and stuff of that nature going on all the time.

This leaves the site looking like it's only being used by contributors.

Our focus has been on improving the workflow for contributors. We believe that getting more submissions of better quality is at the core of the entire project.

But this is of course a chicken and an egg problem. Some people might not contribute because the marketplace isn't as developed as on Discogs, while for other people the lack of important features on the collection/wantlist side is most important like you mention. We are always weighing these aspects wile prioritising what we think are the most important things to work on.

Have you shared details of ongoing development already ? If not can you give an update of what is comming next ?

We could definitely be better in this you are right. Perhaps we should keep a sticky forum thread around or a wiki page detailing our current efforts and priorities.

We will be doing some planning for the next quarter in the next weeks. Happy to hear what features users think would be most beneficial for them, the sites and the community. I will report back with our decisions and prioritisation when we have them in place.

Perhaps we should keep a sticky forum thread around or a wiki page detailing our current efforts and priorities.

I'd love to see this pegged to the top of the forum page. I've been fortunate to come across most of staff's in-thread updates, but as Genki notes above, any additional transparency would be welcome.

ARGH! DenkiGroove, not Genki. My apologies.

Genki Dama

Any way we can get the collection to show up in alphabetical order? Small ask but would be nice.

Login or Register to post a reply to this topic.