Is there any way for those who have the power to take the films "Alternative Titles" feature and put it into credits to cut down on duplicate credits being made by mistake, along with adding other names the individual has gone under and their name in another language.

If at some point perhaps with some long term plans, the site also allows for multilingual presentation, then it might cut down on the confusion for people having to look through other language material from their own, whether they speak English or another language.

It still could be complicated in that alternate titles should probably still be specific, but then one could have a base language for everything like English, but for those that want especially certain pages in Russian or some Asian, etc. language, they could explicitly codify the translations, though perhaps the multilingual translation could translate most comments in one language to others well enough.

But that way, one could be looking to not "change" the language to another, but to make sure that parts of it are eplicitly translated, but a site translation software could do the job of translating most of the rest of the site to someone else's native language.

When user's are responsible for a large part of the site's content, that's what makes that solution a little more complicated, but it would be a good goal at some point to find a solution to have multilingual presentation of the site content to help many to navigate it and contribute to it more effectively.

A really nice goal would be to internationalize content, and not have some of it too segmented and specific to certain languages and cultures, which limits its potential for growing worldwide audiences for different films.

Perhaps even the forums here could be more helpful with multilingual translation and presentation too.

no alt name search funtion.

we have asked staff for months but nothing as yet.

Adding a basic profile when one makes a CREDIT page would be helpful.

Yes but the names you include in a profile is not searchable.

examples try yourself

André the Giant - no where to be found of all things the Easybeats come up.

Rey Mysterio not even listed in the credts section in global search.

Jo_Store wrote:

Yes but the names you include in a profile is not searchable.

examples try yourself

André the Giant - no where to be found of all things the Easybeats come up.

Rey Mysterio not even listed in the credts section in global search.

That is why if you read what I put, you would see that I suggest using the "Alternative Titles" feature from films and adding that to credits to add alternate names which would make them searchable in the same way alternate film titles are.

Film page alternate names are not searchable.

They are in the main search bar located at the top of the site.

Example: https://www.filmo.gs/search?q=pokemon

only for certain films.

examle war of the monsters, comes up with the dvd not https://www.filmo.gs/film/352031-daikaiju-ketto-gamera-tai-barugon

They are in the main search bar located at the top of the site.

That doesn't help when user is entering data in a RELEASE or FILM page. This is when all the duplicates are being created (when the "Potential Duplicates" list pops up)

Jo_Store wrote:

only for certain films.

examle war of the monsters, comes up with the dvd not https://www.filmo.gs/film/352031-daikaiju-ketto-gamera-tai-barugon

U wot m8? Look at that first result
https://www.filmo.gs/search?q=war%20of%20the%20monsters

EK wrote_:

That doesn't help when user is entering data in a RELEASE or FILM page. This is when all the duplicates are being created (when the "Potential Duplicates" list pops up)

True, but then again if it's searchable in the main search bar then it could be made to be searchable for linking credits and films, what I'm suggesting is something that could viably be added that can fix problems, do you have a better idea?

Maybe the staff changed it because yesterday it did not show the film.

Or maybe it was because you changed the credits and the engine did not recognise them yet.

Either way, if we can get alternate names for credits at least searchable in the search bar it's a step in the right ddirection.

either way

if it works it works.

it would be good for a similar funtion for credits.

True, but then again if it's searchable in the main search bar then it could be made to be searchable for linking credits and films, what I'm suggesting is something that could viably be added that can fix problems, do you have a better idea?

I agree that an alternate name field is a good idea. It seems that users are not searching for possible duplicates with the main search bar while entering data in a RELEASE or FILM page. If alternate titles/names can appear in the "Possible Duplicates" list when adding release title or film or credits, that would, maybe, cut down on the duplicates made.

NOTE: The results given using the main search bar can be strange and don't seem to be in any sort of order - even when user limits search to a specific format.

Yeah I agree with the search results there, when I search for Doctor Who, even searching as "Doctor Who", titles that have Doctor Who in the title are lower in the list than those just using the word Doctor.

Login or Register to post a reply to this topic.