The release has German cover artwork (front & rear & insert),
so territory should be Germany.
BUT: On DVD the English title "On The Waterfront" is printed above
the others, plus extra classifications:
BBFC PG
IFCO 15

Do we add Ireland and UK?

Anyone???

The disc has UK, Irish and German (FSK) classification. Personally I would at least add these 3 to territories. It also lists an Italian title, plus numerous language and subtitle options. You might want to add European Union too.

In my opinion, "Territories" should only indicate where the specific release was distributed. In this case, that would only be Germany.

That is the rules "where the release was distributed in" MBJensen is correct

Distribution. Yes, I thought the same.

BUT: Has this been defined or discussed so far?
If not: A help by the staff would be nice.

Others?

Territories

Enter the country or territory where this release was manufactured and/or distributed.

This information can often be found on the lower-half of the back cover.

taken from the release guidelines.

Thanx.

zamla_71 wrote:

Enter the country or territory where this release was manufactured and/or distributed.
1. "Territories" are only mentioned in filmogs-WIKI in connection with distribution and marketing.
2. As you know when operating with DISCOGS manufacturer often says nothing about country of release: "7.1.2. The country is NOT where the release was manufactured. A US label can release licensed recordings in Germany & Netherlands (perhaps manufactured in Austria). "

1. "Territories" are only mentioned in filmogs-WIKI in connection with distribution and marketing.
  2. As you know when operating with DISCOGS manufacturer often says nothing about country of release: "7.1.2. The country is NOT where the release was manufactured. A US label can release licensed recordings in Germany & Netherlands (perhaps manufactured in Austria). "

So it's the distibutor and/or marketer?
Should be explained in the WIKI / GL.

Once again:
Shouldn't we determine in GL/WIKI how we generally operate concerning territories?
Seem only like proposals here so far.

Login or Register to post a reply to this topic.