AUDIO DROP DOWN MENU IS INCORRECT//INCOMPLETE

Suggested format:
Encoding Type - Channels - * - (Language)

Examples:
Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround (English)
Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo (Japanese)
Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono (Spanish)

NOTE: Listed audio types on release packaging may not be correct. Indexer should list if he or she is 'carton indexing' or has confirmed the audio and langauge data.

__KE wrote_:

AUDIO DROP DOWN MENU IS INCORRECT//INCOMPLETE

Suggested format:
Encoding Type - Channels - * - (Language)

Examples:
Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround (English)
Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo (Japanese)
Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono (Spanish)

NOTE: Listed audio types on release packaging may not be correct. Indexer should list if he or she is 'carton indexing' or has confirmed the audio and langauge data.

Yes, this could be used for other data as well, not just only audio/language.
Subtitle and Run Time comes to mind. Also for Special Features.
These are not always accurate on the sleeve.

But how do you think we would achive this since it is allowed according to Rules & Guidelines to make a submission without even having the release?

It is hard to make confirmation if you don't have the release in hand during submission.

Thanx.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll follow up with our developers on whether we can implement this

• But how do you think we would achive this since it is allowed according to Rules & Guidelines to make a submission without even having the release?

????

THIS IS WHAT IS LISTED IN WIKI:

Before you begin submitting data into the database ensure you have a physical copy of the item in front of your person. You will need to input data as it appears on a phyiscal release. As with guidelines found on the parent website Discogs, entering information gathered by third parties or simply from images is not permitted.

Yes, and this is what is listed in Rules & Guidelines.

Rules
Valid Information

Unlike Discogs, you do not have to have the exact object in front of you to make a database submisson. However, please ensure the information you're using comes from a legitimate and reputible source, like the manufacturer's website, or a set of high quality images that gives enough detail of the object. Objects can be submitted before the public release date, but the object must already be manufactured.

I have to agree with Zamala as that is what is listed however.

many new members are submitting images without the item in hand and adding as little information as possible tge rules should be like discogs regardless if this is a newer database.

yes the new drop down for audio is not practicle without the language option. Most of my dvd's have several language options with multiple audio choices.

oteis wrote:

yes the new drop down for audio is not practicle without the language option. Most of my dvd's have several language options with multiple audio choices.

Agreed the staff decided to listen to a a new person with 0 experince before listing to the main contributors of the website.

oteis wrote:

What seems to be the problem?
You could easily add language after the selected Audio type, Example:
Dolby Digital 5.1 (chosen from drop-down menu) when you type (English, Spanish)
Dolby Digital 2.0 (chosen from drop-down menu) when you type (English).

This is not a problem, it,s really easier than the previous way to add the Audio format.

But this is not the Topic in this thread.
The topic is about getting a confirmation that the submitter have checked the disc to see if the info is correct on the cover.

Thanx.

Jo_Store wrote:

Agreed the staff decided to listen to a a new person with 0 experince before listing to the main contributors of the website.

Hi Jo_Store.

Since it is me you are targeting once again with your accusations, i have to respond.

First of all, I am not a new person. I joined Filmogs 16/5-2015 almost 4 years before you joined. I even joined before your BFF EK_. I joined Discogs in 2012 and Bookogs in 2017.
I did my first submissions in 2015 on this site, but i choose to finish my submission on Discogs and Bookogs before i really get started here. So yes i do have experiance on how the "Ogs" sites works.

Second: Do you really think that "Staff" would have done these changes if they had thought it was a bad idea?

So Jo_Store, get some facts before you start accusing other members and fix your own mess before you throw shit on other users.

Thanx.

zamla_71 wrote:

Jo_Store wrote:

Hi Jo_Store.

Since it is me you are targeting once again with your accusations, i have to respond.

First of all, I am not a new person. I joined Filmogs 16/5-2015 almost 4 years before you joined. I even joined before your BFF EK_. I joined Discogs in 2012 and Bookogs in 2017.
I did my first submissions in 2015 on this site, but i choose to finish my submission on Discogs and Bookogs before i really get started here. So yes i do have experiance on how the "Ogs" sites works.

Second: Do you really think that "Staff" would have done these changes if they had thought it was a bad idea?

So Jo_Store, get some facts before you start accusing other members and fix your own mess before you throw shit on other users.

Thanx.

Was never targeting you unsure why you are blamming me.

Why don't you not acuse others? i never used your name and yet you name and shame me if you have been on this site since 2012 you should know the rules.

Jo_Store wrote:

Was never targeting you unsure why you are blamming me.

Are you really?

Why don't you not acuse others? i never used your name and yet you name and shame me if you have been on this site since 2012 you should know the rules.

Do you really wanna take this discussion? Cause i'm all up for it, just so you know.

As far as i know we haven't actually implemented any changes recently.
Please stay on topic https://www.filmo.gs/guidelines/code-of-conduct

Login or Register to post a reply to this topic.