Since we not have "guidlines" regarding credit formatting, I throught it best to have a community discussion on the issue.

I'm of the opion that production and cast should be grouped together in seperate chunks, ideally I would suggest having a production credit list and a production credit list.

The reason for this is that having then in their own groups you can add to them seperatly, and the reason I think the cast list should be last is that it allows for easier addition for international credits, for example the credits for the first Pokemon movie have the Japanese and English voice cast in the same group and for other films that just have one language voice cast it allowed other versions to be added along side the original voice cast.

Now feature films are getting formatted awfull

Lets just keep it the main structure before it gets out of hand.

https://www.filmo.gs/film/387170-the-f-word
https://www.filmo.gs/film/387217-playmobil-the-movie

So please revert all those disney ones as users are using them as the main scruture.

Jo_Store please can you tell on without screaming what was wrong with that i at crew first.

Keep in mind i am stil learning/trying, so it was realy not needed to scream. copy past and other people contribute work best for me.

TheWho87 sugestion:

directer
writer
Cinematopher
Production Designer
editor
composer
actors

Mycdhitzone wrote:

Jo_Store please can you tell on without screaming what was wrong with that i at crew first.

Keep in mind i am stil learning/trying, so it was realy not needed to scream. copy past and other people contribute work best for me.

TheWho87 sugestion:

directer
writer
Cinematopher
Production Designer
editor
composer
actors

THAT IS INCORRECT

Way before thewho joined it has always been

Director
Writer
cast
producer
cinematographer
editor
other roles

This was when myself and EK were the main people on this website and it worked for all.

but as soon as a new suggestin comes up its screw the old system lets all spam the new system even know its been in the guidelines for decades well the staff may of not added anything but all the users understood the it.

Thewho please revert those disney films as your system will be the new norm and it shouden't.

Otherwise i will have to start reverting them im sorry thewho but i will have too.

unless the staff decide quickly.

THIS IS NOT DISCUSSION THIS IS DEMANDS!!!

You have yet to justify an argument other than, and I quote.
Jo_Store wrote:

awfull

I have justified my position on why I use this format and you have once again ignored it. I have not changed my format style, it has been the only way I have formatted credits here and it is only now that you have decided to have an issue with it due to personal reasons.

I don't care how it was done in the past, that's the thing if a better way is found why stick to an old format, I feel the format I have been using is clear, easy to use and to update, but because ONE person has an issue with it they have become a gatekeeper and demands that formatting be done their way or they throw a fit.

I will not revert the credits on pages I have updated because IT WILL REMOVE INFORMATION, something you clearly seem to ignore, I'm not going out of my way just to please you and any reverts you make to them I will view as vandalism.

Now to clarify I have no issue with you personally, but trying to have a conversation with you on this is like having a conversation with a brick wall as your argument is "I don't like it" the only justification of "it was how it was always done".

since you don't want to listen thewho im sorry.

add the data after in the correct format

just don't use that format please for the sake of odin, we need one format not 2 not 3 just godam 1.

it was fine wayy before you joined thewho, but this dea ia just bad its making the website fo downhill and if it resumes i will have to leave i might not but if i see this new format used i will revert.

use the old format or get reverted / changed simple.

What am I meant to be listening to?

Your personal statement that it's awful or "that's how it use to be", because both of those are not justifiable arguments to me, the first is YOUR personal prefrence which is not an argument, and the second is rendered moot since the majority of films on this site need to be updated and improved anyway so updating their format makes sence.

And I agree we should have one format, the one I use that I have given justifiable reasons for using.

Compared to the old format which only justifiable reason you have given is "we've always used it".

You have also yet to address ANY of what I view as positives to my formatting, just lazilly calling it awful, well my personal view is that the old format is awful and needed changing, which is what I did.

Or i can add credits however i like example, because thats how you like the system lets have it credits how ever we like and not care about guidelines.

cast
director
music
writer
etc

or

music
director
cast
producer
writer
etc

or

cast
eriter
producer
other
director
etc

Maybe i should start doing this and see how eveyone reacts ill add in log because thewho can we should all do it how ever we like.

i think it will be great as it will work messed up credits the new way to add credits i suport this :D don't you "Yes of course i do"

"We all do yeeha"

then i think i would lose complete insanity argh i already have dammit.

i am not good with agruments never have been but 1 way is fine just 1 system for dam sakes, its going tomconfuse new users the different between feature film credt formatting and dianey film formatting

its like having cast for live plays and actor / actress for feature filma

if you agree to formatting the old way i will stop reverting that one film and we will settle this, all ya have ta say is yeah lets keep the old system

look sorry for jumping up and down, i got hotheadded wayyyy before i even read the whole message argh "whabafwv"

anyways look lets call the war of words ca.

All I'm asking for is a justifiable reason that isnt "you don't like it" or "it's how we always did it" don't have to go off your rocker because of it.

The majority of films are an incomplete scrambled mess so the old format was clearly not working, and it seemed that my format was looking to take off before you decided against it.

Just give some reason against it that's more than one word.

whoops ment cool instead of call "Whoops my bad"

TheWho87 wrote:

All I'm asking for is a justifiable reason that isnt "you don't like it" or "it's how we always did it" don't have to go off your rocker because of it.

The majority of films are an incomplete scrambled mess so the old format was clearly not working, and it seemed that my format was looking to take off before you decided against it.

Just give some reason against it that's more than one word.

Maybe the old system was a mess.

but most of the users like hardnhart, alexi, mikwen and others do great work.

an example is

https://www.filmo.gs/film/387360-conspiracy
https://www.filmo.gs/film/387018-jian-dang-wei-ye

this is how it should be its good simple and easy to follow, having the cast last will confuse many users, including myself and many who have been here for a while.

plus having all sorts of roles before the credits will be confusing as people wont be able to make sure an actor is not mistakinly duplicated or mispelt in a film.

that is my statement and what i say its my reason for the old system.

You do realise both those examples have the cast last in the same way my system does.

You clearly did not go through my initial post, the intent of my system is to keep production and cast seperate, I dont care which order that is be it cast first and production second or how I have been doing it production then cast, the whole point is grouping those two types of credits together.

The reason I put credits last is to make it easier for regional voice casts to be added, like the example I gave of the first Pokemon movie.

argh yes thats what i said

director
writer
cast

^^^^^

your system was

director
writer
production (i think)
editor
cast

were

if they added production and edtitors it would be after the cast.

the pokemon one looks great just needs production, editor, distributor, cinematographer and musid after credits and its perfecto.

thata the system usally and all i want is director then writers and cast then whatever cinematographer or whatever after. like how imdb has it set up thats the way it should be

No my system was Production and then cast, directors and writers are part of the production so they are in the production section.

I think having all the production at the top allows that to be locked in and effect the cast section.

Another thing I mentioned in the original post that you glossed over was suggesting having a seperate cast and production credit section so that both could seperated.

i don't really understand why we need a seprate production / credit areas.

if having production at the top that would be majority of the films cast likr cinematographer editors etc which is going to confuse me and others.

That was suggested to avoid all this confusion, adding cast roles would automatically group all cast together and all production roles would be automatically grouped together.

So if you add in cast credits they could be added at the bottom and would auto sort into the cast section.

It was just an idea to avoid having to manually move credits into a format by automatically grouping them together.

I think coping it like IMDB does it is what all the main databases use is easy to follow and wont need confusing. Knowing ke i will forget to add editors near the top and add them near the end.

IMDB
Sinematurk
Rotten Tomatos

all use tge same system there are plenty of others out there

The movie database is strange and confusing its only good for tranalations.

I agree but still think it's cleaner and simplier seperating production and cast.

I prefer crew first becaause it is easier to at more cast at the end, but if there prefer cast first no problem. Bonus is spoilers in sequels are later seen.

But Jo_Store option is so far is to mixed with composer at the end after the cast.

Hence creating this topic to discuss opinions on the best way to lay things out. Compare that to Jo_Store's direction of creating "guidelines" days ago and using that to justify what they did, is this not meant to be a community site?

Don't worry about Jo_Store, when I first started here they were aggressivly gatekeeping to the point I left for a few days.

TheWho87 wrote:

Hence creating this topic to discuss opinions on the best way to lay things out. Compare that to Jo_Store's direction of creating "guidelines" days ago and using that to justify what they did, is this not meant to be a community site?

Don't worry about Jo_Store, when I first started here they were aggressivly gatekeeping to the point I left for a few days.

Really insult me.

i have said sorry numories of times can you just drop it.

Where did I insult you?

I said you were aggressive and were gatekeeping towards me, and was trying to make the point to Mycdhitzone to not be put off using the site due to your actions.

Can you please drop it don't mention my name its actually in the rules

that naming and shamming is not allowed its in the main discogs rules along with a flame war etc so please can you jusr drop it.

I apoligies for directly mentioning you.

Now will you please stop childishly vandalising credit because they are not in your desired format, you are removing VALID INFORMATION from Herr Meets Hare, Draftee Daffy and Plane Daffy.

I make sure I include off site sources to validate my edits and all you do is come along and revert it because I messed up your format and in most of these cases removing the sources as well, it's downright childish because your not getting your own way and your too stubborn to see any compromise, I have however, if your so obsessed with your format feel free to change it, BUT DON'T REVERT IT TO DO SO!

Thankw but i will have to add them manully as the structure gets messed with.

see all fixed now can we all get along again or is that too hard to ask for?

TheWho87 wrote:

I apoligies for directly mentioning you.

Now will you please stop childishly vandalising credit because they are not in your desired format, you are removing VALID INFORMATION from Herr Meets Hare, Draftee Daffy and Plane Daffy.

I make sure I include off site sources to validate my edits and all you do is come along and revert it because I messed up your format and in most of these cases removing the sources as well, it's downright childish because your not getting your own way and your too stubborn to see any compromise, I have however, if your so obsessed with your format feel free to change it, BUT DON'T REVERT IT TO DO SO!

again insulting me calling me a child stop the bickering :(

im trying to resolve and stop why can't you?

If all fixed means the links are broken.

To shut you up I've reverted back to my completed original and moved the voice credit into your desired position, it took seconds, IT DID YOU NEED TO CONSTANTLY BE REVERTED!!!!

Can I suggest in future rather than reverting and editing, could you PLEASE just edit the credits, if you want the case in a higher position figure out which number in the list you want to put it, then in the editor go to the last credit, click the vertical cross and put that number in there and hit enter, it will put that credit there and move everything down, if there is multiple credits work from the bottow up and they will all go into that position.

Now if you excuse me, time to fix your damage.

Ok

Mqybe 3rd time a charm :/

i meant can we resolve this war on words.

moving the voice credit into position means having to clear the creadits and add them back as the moving feature does not work and causes errors.

Ive never experiened errors with it, there are three grey boxes in the top left of a credit, reorder, copy and remove, the one on the far left is reorder, click that and it should drop down a box, you can then put a number in that and hit enter and it will jump to that position, since you put them closer to the top putting 1 will move it to the top.

oh i always thought you had to drag it up.

Were you editing the Toy Story Of Terror credits? If so I kinda beat you to it and I think you overwrote what I fixed.

oh whoops yeah you might of

Login or Register to post a reply to this topic.