I know my example is not the only one, but it just came up and I'm curious, as the wiki is VERY unclear. https://www.filmo.gs/wiki/tv-shows

Blackadder; is a series comprised of 4 sepsrately titled series. How can this be properly represented? Do I add all 5 as separate entities or just the parent one? Do I add just the 4 serparate series without the parent?

Also; How does one link an episode to a series(or series to series) so that the episode(or series) appears in a search for the series(or parent series) title? Should they all be [Title]:[Episode Title]? (not many episodes in the db have this format)

Do I just use a credit field?

Should a special field be developed? It might help people get things right the first time.

Each series has its own series example The Simpsons has just The Simpsons, then what ever episodes are in that series or disc set.

Films are not season 1, season 2 etc, they group all releases in one.

for film linking its best developed in https://www.filmo.gs/film/51849-adventure-time

To clarify, I am not talking about seasons. Unless one conciders something like Dragon Ball GT to just be abother season of Dragon Ball Z. Both of which are multi season series, along with Dragon Ball Super, all part of the parent series Dragon Ball.

It's unclear how to enter such things and it's likely why they haven't.

You do have to use an awful example like Blackadder. Personally I think that could get away with an entry per series since there is enough difference to justify it, but I'dd go along with just one entry for Blackadder and then everything else under that.

As for episode names, they should be listed by their name only, however if they have a generic name such as Pilot or Episode 1 I'd add their series in parentheses, for example Pilot (Supernatural) and Episode 1 (Twin Peaks).

As yet there is no way to link the episodes to a series, however as mentioned using basic HTML code in the notes they can be linked to there.

The series is called Blackadder but each season has a unique title, possibly the database will have a hard time dealing with this kind of situation

The series is called Blackadder but each season has a unique title, possibly the database will have a hard time dealing with this kind of situation

Login or Register to post a reply to this topic.