I'm selling lots of stuff on Discogs-very happy with it. Just stumbled onto Filmogs-didn't realize it was there. Is anybody doing any real business on Filmogs? Wondering if it's worth the trouble to list my video format stuff on here. Seems like the database is threadbare right now. I've had it with eBay and most especially, Amazon.

I've sold one thing here and had to refund it immediately because I forgot it was listed and had sold it somewhere else. That item was listed for about a year before it sold.

flipside wrote:

Seems like the database is threadbare right now.

Well, yeah. And there is your answer. As a seller bemoaning the lack of content/traffic, it's really up to you to make a difference. This is what I've always said.

The site is still effectively in its infancy. Massive projects like this do not happen over night (Discogs certainly didn't!). Realize that and accept it. You have to put in the work like everyone else submitting data. The more you contribute in terms of quality/not-just-trash-to-bare-minimum entries, the bigger the place gets and the more appealing it becomes. Both to people wanting to catalog their collections and people potentially interested in adding to them via a one-stop shop like Filmogs.

I'm sure loads of people still don't even know Filmogs exists. I only found it around a year ago by accident, looking for something else in the lower menu on Discogs. And I've been using Discogs under a different username since 2007 (possibly earlier).

You've been on Discogs even longer than I have, so it's baffling that you'd be suprised or confused by any of this. Discogs itself has changed a lot just within a ~12 year span, and it wasn't even a new website when I got there in '07. Imagine how much time/development Filmogs will take. Come back a decade from now and see how things are going, or else try to have some fun tracking your own collection in the meantime.

Start submitting. Tell people about your items for sale. Become a self-appointed brand ambassador for the website and your own listings therein. I'm not going to add that one VHS edition of Ernest Saves Christmas in the original factory shrink for you. Price your flipped media competitively. Physical media is largely a buyer's market these days. Discogs was built by collectors, not investors.

tsivihcra wrote:

I've sold one thing here and had to refund it immediately because I forgot it was listed and had sold it somewhere else. That item was listed for about a year before it sold.

Thanks for the anecdote. It's encouraging to hear of any sale. I'm curious to know what it was - especially the format.

It was one season of aqua teen hunger force on

it was on

why can't I type D V D?

Thank you! A DVD. Even more encouraging!

Option: Hoard all your physical media.

Login or Register to post a reply to this topic.