Since we have been having some discussion on wrestling related articles, it might be best to discuss wrestling related stuff in one location.

Wrestler credits
We've already gone through the "ring name vs. real name" debate and it was decided that it would be best to use their most known ring name to avoid confusion on what to use.

Wrestler events
The format I have been using is to have everyone featured on the event and then adding in commentators/other staff roles. I was thinking instead of listing the wrestlers roles as "Self", would it not be better to list then as "Wrestler", it's just a thought I've had recently, on top of that I have been using ANV to add the name they appeard on the event rather than using the "as" option, kinda made more sence to me.

Wresstling sources
The best option for external links/sources should always be the promotions own website, for credits try and find IMDb and Wikipedia for easy access, if all else fails and if looking for sources for events I'd suggest the following.
- CAGEMATCH.net
- Wrestlingdata.com

I'm open on other views as there is a few on here now that have been adding wrestling related pages.

Just remembered I just did this, there has been an on/off situation regarding adding companies as credits, I'm for it as it seems to make sence and can be a useful way to group some pages together, to go along with this it might be logical to make credit company pages for promotions, for example World Wrestling Entertainment, and using that as the production company.

To go along with that, my suggestion in the Staff thread in adding catch all wrestling TV show credits, such as WWE Raw, that can be used to catch releases that put out clips/compilations from the TV show as well as when the TV show is released on physical media.

Maybe staff could add Wrestler as a role since there is lots of wrestling films on here.

Well I've been "cleaning up" the wrestling events and changing "Self" to "Wrestler" along with adding the promotion running the event/produced the special as a production company.

I also made a slight error with the credit naming, it's most known ring name UNLESS they have wrestled under their real name, which makes that a priority, a key example of this would be Claudio Castagnoli.

Also what's the opinion on the Initials - Event Name format, I only used it since that was what the format was when I came here.

Personally I'm not a fan of the dash and just having for example WWE WrestleMania would be suitable, I don't think we should go down the Wikipedia route of just the event name, just for the ease of finding events by the company.

TheWho87 wrote:

Well I've been "cleaning up" the wrestling events and changing "Self" to "Wrestler" along with adding the promotion running the event/produced the special as a production company.

That is a great start, i will start addng wrestler too ones i make or fix in the future.
TheWho87 wrote:

I also made a slight error with the credit naming, it's most known ring name UNLESS they have wrestled under their real name, which makes that a priority, a key example of this would be Claudio Castagnoli.

That makes sense.
TheWho87 wrote:

Also what's the opinion on the Initials - Event Name format, I only used it since that was what the format was when I came here.

Personally I'm not a fan of the dash and just having for example WWE WrestleMania would be suitable, I don't think we should go down the Wikipedia route of just the event name, just for the ease of finding events by the company.

I'll just go with the flow not botherd however way i mean what ever is easier to fix up, i only used the - because the earlier ones i found on here used - and i thought that was the way too add them.

All wrestling events have been cleaned up, so all the event formats are in the same style.

As for the titles for this might be beskts to keep the same format unless anyone has issues with it.

What do i do for The Best Of WWF?

do i just link them too WWF Prime Time

one does have WWF Prime Time in Paris episode

and another 1.16.1989 i guess link to both the episodes and wwf prime time?

What kind of "Best Of" are we talking about, causse it could be ssimplier to just have a film of the best of.

The Best Of WWF.

1 is The Best Of WWF Around The World which has a bunch of WWF matches which ill prob link to wwf arojnd the world as most matches were not televised in usa.

and Saturday Night Main Event also includes a whole bunch of matches from various episodes.

the best of WWF 1 links to the whole tv tapping in Paris and another links to another full tv episode.

For "The Best Of WWF Around The World" it sounds best to have as it's own film.

For SNME you did the best option with a page for the show.

For the Best of WWF 1, if it's from one TV recording then have it as an episode, if it's a mix put it as it's own film.

Also I like your move to use WWE: over WWE - it appears better, plus it matches up with other formating styles for other films.

Thanks

You have added a few tapes with Coliseum Video, now I'm not 100% up on the US distribution side of WWF/E's videos, but I believe that Coliseum Video and WWF Home Videos were not active at the same time, it would have been one or the other, I believe Coliseum was their first distributor before they started going in house with it as WWF Home Videos. But then again I may be wrong, you have the physical version.

On spine it has World Wrestling Federation video i assume that was early WWF Home Video.

for all the betas i added it has that .

No biggie, likely it was a branding thing till they turned it to a distributer, I think the same thing was over here in the early days too.

Login or Register to post a reply to this topic.